Where CATCHERS Are Built
2020 Complete Catchers Camp
Colorado Catchers Complete Catchers Camp is three days of catching. We will spend 11 hours providing instruction and running through drills to teach your catcher all they need to know about playing the catching position. Whether your catcher is learning the position or wants to advance their skills to the next level, this camp is for them.
We will cover the following aspects of catching:
- Proper stance (signals, primary, secondary and single knee)
- Receiving (pocket awareness, glove path, pitch presentation & more)
- Blocking (blocking position, lateral blocking and recovery)
- Throwing (footwork, exchange and proper mechanics)
- Special Plays (fielding bunts, pop-ups and passed balls as well as plays at the plate)
Here is feedback from parents at last year's camp:
"I thought it was great to see all these drills with focus on the catching position"
"The camp is the best one I put my boy through"
"In depth instruction. Wish it were longer."
"Everything was great. Great mixture in the coaches and their approaches."
DATES & Times:
Aug 28th: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Aug 29th: 9am to 2pm
Aug 30th: 9am to 12pm
Sandstone Ranch Baseball Complex (500 Zlaten Drive, Longmont, CO 80504)
Standard Registration: $405 (closes August 14th)
Camp is open to catchers 10-18 years of age (no exceptions)
Camp is limited to 20 catchers. Registration closes August 16th
COVID-19 Guideline Protocols:
(Subject to change based upon Colorado State guidelines at time of event)
Arrival Each Day:
- Players and family members will be asked to arrive 30 min early (5:00pm) on Friday, Aug 28th. All attendees will be asked to wear a mask during arrival and practice social distancing at our registration table. On Saturday and Sunday masks should be worn as players and families arrive and enter the complex. We recommend players utilize a tube bandana so that they can easily apply it throughout the camp when able. This can be purchased ($13) from Colorado Catchers and picked up at the event registration table upon arrival on Friday.
- Players will place their bags along the outside of the fence along both foul lines maintaining 6 feet of distance on both sides. Players are required to have their own catchers equipment (shin guards, chest protector, mask/helmet and catchers mitt).
- Baseballs and training equipment will be sanitized each day before the days activities begin and as much as is possible between drills.
- We will provide hand sanitizer for players to use during each break.
- The camp structure will be designed to utilize small group (7 or fewer players) rotations as much as possible and players will be instructed to maintain 6 feet of distance from their peers. Catchers will be group by age.
- Water bottles and Gatorade bottles will be provided for players on all three days of the camp. We recommend players come with nutritious snacks and a pre-packaged lunch for Saturday. We will take a 30-45 minute working lunch break on Saturday during which we will discuss pitch calling, game strategy and leadership.
- Family members choosing to stay in attendance to watch the camp will be instructed to maintain 6 feet or more of distance from other families and will be required to stay outside the field area for the entirety of the camp.